[Koha] Thesaurus and Authorities Files

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon May 24 20:27:51 NZST 2004

Steven F. Baljkas a écrit :

>I hope some of this helps in the meantime, Matthew. Welcome to the wonderful
>world of Koha!
>
>Looking forward to hearing more from other Koha users and the developpers on
>this interesting question Matthew has raised.

one month later, I answer ;-)

* free form means in fact "rejected form". It's the text that is not
used. Replaced by the "stdlib", which mean "accepted form" (translation
of the official french term, not sure it's OK in english)
* Authority & thesaurus is really poorly handled in 2.0. No BT or NT
neither UF. Only subdivision, accepted form & rejected form.
* In 2.2 a complete MARC management of authorities will be available.
(Funded by ENSMP, in UNIMARC, but we will try to manage MARC21 too)

HTH

--
Paul POULAIN