[Koha] koha setup: problems, information request for barcode

Rachel Hamilton-Williams rachel at katipo.co.nz
Tue May 11 09:11:58 NZST 2004

Dear Vijay

> 1. Is there a screen through which, we can 'Issue a book?'.  We tried and
> found a screen like that.  But, has not been able to figure out, how
> exactly, we say 'issue a book'

Yes - the word you are looking for is "Circulations" and is where you both
issue and return books.

> 2. Is it mandatory to use 'barcode system' to issue books?.  If yes, could you
> please provide any links/resources from which we can have technical
> specifications of the barcode to be acquired for the s/w setup.

You must have some way to identify each individual book if you want to issue
them - it does not need to be a printed barcode, you can just put in your own
numbers as long as each one is unique.  If you have many books that you're
needing to issue (like a public library), then printed barcodes are good
because you can get barcode readers which is a lot quicker than typing in the
numbers.

Hope it helps

Cheers
Rachel

Rachel Hamilton-Williams             Katipo Communications
WEBMISTRESS                          ph  021 389 128 or +64 04 934 1285
mailto:rachel at katipo.co.nz           PO Box 12487, Wellington
http://www.katipo.co.nz              New Zealand
Koha Open Source Library System
http://www.koha.org