[Koha] Export MARC from Koha

Steve/Ollie/Steven F. Baljkas baljkas at mts.net
Tue Apr 27 10:16:49 NZST 2004

Monday, April 26, 2004    17:07 CDT

Hi, Chris,

Just a quick response 'cause you were bang on in what you said, to wit:

> In Full acquisitions mode, Koha stores lots of financial data, much more
> than the replacement price of an item
> (which is stored in the replacement price column on the item table btw)

I think the only other things we would really want accessible in MARC might be the donor/fund that provided/purchased the item in question, the initial cost, the replacement cost (an estimate, and it can be omitted in favour of the original cost), and, if possible, the date of accessioning (theoretically this could be the same as the date it is catalogued but those of who've worked in tech services KNOW that ain't nothin' but a fairy tale). I have encountered librarians and lib techs who also like to have separate PO numbers noted, but I think that could be safely part of the donor/fund information without causing too much confusion.

Are there other desiderata in this vein? Pipe in, folks.

> In the aqorders, aqbudgets, aqbookfunds it stores a lot more information.
> Such as the allocated budgets for each bookfund (ie for 2003-07-01 to
> 2004-06-30 the Non Fiction bookfund may have $20k allocated)
> It also tracks how much is committed to each fund (orders placed but not
> received) and how much is spent from each fund (received orders)
> It handles supplier profiles, exchange rates, discounts, sales taxes etc.
>
> All of this sounds to me like it wouldnt belong in MARC at all.
> The replacement price would, but all the budgetary data would need to be
> exported in some other format.

So, yes, your are definitely right, Chris. I don't even think we need to try to export that information as such, certainly not for cataloguing purposes.

Are there fields that would be able to handle that information I suggested in Acquisitions that could synch the data for cataloguing? (If not, that's still not a huge problem as it is not much information and could be looked up if desired in cataloguing.)

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte