[Koha] authority records

Stephen Hedges shedges at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Tue Apr 27 22:48:55 NZST 2004

Tomasz, that is exactly correct.  Koha does not refer to an "authority file"
similar to what librarians think of when they see that term.  (For the non-
librarians, a library "authority file" contains things like the "authorized"
spelling of an author's name, his/her "authorized" birth and death dates, etc.
By refering to such an authority file, records are kept consistent and you
avoid having "Smith, Joe" and "Smith, Joseph" records for books by the same
author.)

Stephen Hedges
Nelsonville Public Library