[Koha] Newbie question

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Apr 20 00:30:18 NZST 2004

Silva, Ernesto - Webmaster a écrit :

> Hi,
>     I'm the webmaster at Universidad ORT Uruguay (South América) and
> our librarians and I have installed Koha for the first time.
>
>     Our initial evaluation of the product is very positive  and if it
> reasonably feets our needs we plan to make our library environment
> manager.
>
>     Please correct me if I'm wrong: to setup the marc fields to fill
> when you add a new biblio you have to tune and tweak the "Marc tag
> structure" in the "Parameters" section.
>
>     Is there a way to create diferent tag structures so I have
> predefined templates for books, magazines, pictures, videos, cds, etc???

This feature will be in the 2.2 version. The developpement will be done
by Ecole des Mines de Paris, and will begin in May.
Expect a 2.2RC1 in September, and a 2.2 final in december.

to answer Stephen questions on "how to do this", I think we will :
* add a field to marc_*_structure, named "document type" or something
like that.
* add a "create new document type by copying an old one" in
marc_parameters.pl
* add a "create a new <document type list>" in Cataloguing.

The "document type list" being taken in itemtypes table probably (idea
still to be checked).

--
Paul POULAIN