[Koha] Re: Problems with Z3950 searching

T & J Kotula tjkotula at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jan 30 20:33:59 NZDT 2004

I'm still having z3950 problems :-( I downloaded RC3 (which I noticed has
Paul's proposed solution:

> Kudos, that's it, i'm (almost) sure.
> On line 246, replace :
>                                my $stj=$dbh->prepare("update ....
> by
>                                my $stj=$dbi->prepare("update ....

However I still have the same problem with
>DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
>>/usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/z3950daemon/processz3950queue line 136.

I also tried adding another of Paul's solutions:
> my $dbh = C4::Context->dbh;
> Please, copy the line 107 after the while(1), on line 131, just after
>        print "starting loop\n";

but to no avail.

Someone else also suggested increasing mysql's connect_timeout. I thought
adding 'connect_timeout=15' to /etc/my.cnf [mysql_server] section would do
it - but it didn't change the timeout, so I can not verify if this is a fix
or not.

As before - could anyone help me please.

Thanks

tomasz kotula.