[Koha] Problems with Z3950 search

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed Jan 28 21:56:15 NZDT 2004

> for T. Kotula :
>
> >DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at
> >/usr/local/koha/intranet/scripts/z3950daemon/processz3950queue line 136.
>
> No, I don't know why this happends. I sometimes (rarely) had this
> problem, and haven't found a solution yet.

You could try setting your mysql connection timeout higher.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Server_parameters.html

It sounds like the server connection is timing out, a better fix would be
fix the code so that if the server connection times out, we create a new
connection.

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz