[Koha] Help with item locations

Bigwood, David bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Fri Jan 23 09:47:03 NZDT 2004

Chris,

You might want to place the location in 852b, Sublocation or collection. The specific department, library, collection, etc., within the holding organization in which the item is located or from which it is available.

It does look like they are using some Dewey. 598.4 TAT sure looks like a Dewey number. If it is, the 598.4 would go in 852h and the TAT in 852i. You can also use 852k - Call number prefix or 852m - Call number suffix if the library is using them.

Placing the data in several different subfields will be much more work.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.usra.edu <mailto:bigwood at lpi.usra.edu>
Lunar & Planetary Institute