[Koha] Koha system for Africa!

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Jan 22 08:20:25 NZDT 2004

Welcome to koha!

On 2004-01-21 12:30:24 +0000 Kebede Hundie <khundie at bca.bw> wrote:

> I would like to ask you about the sustainability of the system, like
> further
> versions, supports, its future whether it may be a commercial system
> after
> certain period of time or discontinued.

Sustainability: ultimately, you can keep it running forever if you
want to;
Further versions: 2.0 is imminent and work has started on the new 2.1
development edition;
Supports: There are a number of people offering support services, as
well as the "best efforts" free services by email;
Commercial system: some commercial work on koha already takes place,
by myself and others, who would be happy to advise if you have a more
specific request;
Discontinued: not as long as someone is willing to keep the skills to
continue it.

> The other thing is, how can I be a "support" center for the software
> in the
> above region? What are required from me?

At present, I think you just have to convince the kaitiaki (Pat) that
you are competent.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at