[Koha] Library of Congress call number

Bigwood, David bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Sat Jan 10 06:28:42 NZDT 2004

There are some libraries that do use both Dewey and LC classifications. A few, but they do exist. There are other libraries that use other schemes, SuDoc and NLM are both fairly common. Many academic libraries will use both LC and SuDoc.

MARC might provide a solution. Local copy information, including the call number used by the institution goes in field 852. The 1st indicator shows the classification scheme used. http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/ecbdhold.html#mrcb852

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Lunar & Planetary Institute
	To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

	Perhaps during installation you choose which system you wish to use?

	Ed Sharpe archivist for SMECC

		On 2004-01-08 19:39:29 +0000 dmoses2 at uwo.ca wrote:

		> add a field (eg. lcnumber ) to the BIBLIOITEMS table yourself and
		> link the
		> related MARC field in the MARC_SUBFIELD_TABLE to it? Then modify the
		> templates to display the field?

		Whoever adds this to the bug report, please note that we still need
		Dewey decimal support, so this needs to be controlled by some option.

		http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at