[Koha] RSS feeds of the mailing list

Jonathan Ah Kit ahkitj at jnawk.net.nz
Fri Jan 2 15:08:31 NZDT 2004

Kia ora

I thought I might check in with the list on this one, in case some people
here might find it useful.

For some time now -- since October 2002, I think -- I've had my server
quietly compile an RSS feed of this mailing list each week.

> http://greta.electric.gen.nz/~ahkitj/xml/koha@lists.katipo.co.nz%20%28by%20date%29.rdf
> http://tinyurl.com/2s4mo
This one's by date.

> http://greta.electric.gen.nz/~ahkitj/xml/koha@lists.katipo.co.nz%20%28by%20thread%29.rdf
> http://tinyurl.com/39o48
This one's by thread.

If you haven't come acesss RSS/RDF files before, there's more info at
http://www.syndic8.com/ -- possible uses for RSS are at
http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/BottomFeeder/ (a Windows program that
doesn't even need a web browser to read the links, IIRC) and
http://www.ihug.co.nz/ (see the news headlines).

Currently I've only set them to be updated weekly on Sundays as I did
intend it as a private experiment with a script I adapted, but if people
find it useful, I don't see a problem with upping the refreshes to
something more useful, like daily. (I also need to get around to releasing
the mods I made to that script, which scrapes the postings at the list
archive.)

I'm not actually a librarian, but Koha sounds like a good project. Keep up
the work, people...

Regards
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Ah Kit - Lower Hutt - New Zealand
jonathan at ah-kit.dropbear.id.au - http://www.ah-kit.dropbear.id.au/