[Koha] Learning about z3950 and Lib Congress

Anne Zarinnia zarinnie at uww.edu
Thu Dec 4 12:23:14 NZDT 2003

David,
I hope this is not overkill. It depends what you really wanted!
Anne

How to Search LoC Catalog (not the Z39 interface, but useful for
guidance on field searches, etc)
    catalog.loc.gov/ LoC Catalog                       (Basic, Guided)
    catalog.loc.gov/help/contents.htm                (Searching LoC
catalog)

Z39.50 LoC Z39.50 Gateway Information
    www.loc.gov/z3950/gateway.html#about      About z39.50
    lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/lcserver.html Server    Configuration Guidelines

Z39.50 LoC Z39.50 Catalog Access
    lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/
    lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/gateway.html#lc

Bristol -- Institute for Learning and Research Technology
    www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/
    Background on Z39.50 (Good selection)
       www.ilrt.bris.ac.uk/discovery/z3950/resources/#search
       Search Z39.50 (scroll down to search section) (Not really a
"how-to")

NISO Z39.50
    www.niso.org/standards/resources/Z3950_Resources.html#search

Z39.50: The Basics by Fay Turner
     ifla.inist.fr/ifla/IV/ifla63/63turf1.pdf

Nice example of a Z39.50 search page
    INIST
       services.inist.fr/public/eng/conslt.htm

E. Anne Zarinnia, Associate Professor                 zarinnie at uww.edu
Dept. Educational Foundations                             262 472-1463
Univ. Wisconsin-Whitewater                                  262
472-1380 (secretary)

"You see I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where
people sit in silence, and that has been the main reason for our
employing wild animals as librarians." Monty Python