[Koha] Modifying Koha interface and fucntionality.

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Oct 23 23:19:00 NZDT 2003

On 2003-10-22 12:18:47 +0100 Roger Horne <roger at hrothgar.co.uk> wrote:
> Well this is the first library software we will be using so its hard
> say... Yes, books keep on getting moved.

It sounds to me like you need a single shelving markup scheme and,
instead of normal circulation, use some sort of "circulate by
transferring between branches". Alternatively, we could adapt the copy
status screen to show the current borrower for you, which might be
simpler. That isn't a common way of working for normal libraries, but
I think that university departments and community groups are
increasingly going this way.

These are random thoughts as I try to figure out how to adapt koha to
your needs. I haven't investigated them in detail (and to do so may
require money, the way work is here just now).

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at