[Koha] Modifying Koha interface and fucntionality.

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Oct 22 22:19:59 NZDT 2003

On 2003-10-21 09:45:27 +0100 Roger Horne <roger at hrothgar.co.uk> wrote:
> But try doing so from Koha. If you click on "add biblio" you will get
> screen which actually lists that field, but there seems to be no way
> from
> the subscreen to actually add a shelf: the default details are things
> like
> price.

OK, I think I might understand now.  Do your "branches" use different
shelving systems?  So, what is kept on shelf K1 in one place is on N13
in another, for example.  You want each item (not each biblio) to have
its own shelving location?  But what happens when a book from one
branch moves to another?

> I would like to suggest that those about to release the next version
> should
> try installing a new system from scratch without any existing data.

I do this already and I consider pre4 badly broken.  It's particularly
bad for MARC21 users, as I think the main developers use UNIMARC
instead.  Most of the bugs should have been shaken out, but I would
like access to updated MARC21-Koha mappings.  I think I need a file
containing the output of the command:

   mysqldump -u KOHAADMINUSER -p koha --opt --quote-names
--no-create-info marc_subfield_structure marc_tag_structure

> Oh, and can I suggest a very simple chane to the installer: put the
> MySQL
> Password into a loop.

I will do this today.  This annoyed me before I was working on the
installer, but I normally remember my MySQL password.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at