[Koha] Is koha suitable for us?

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Oct 21 09:32:24 NZDT 2003

On 2003-10-03 11:54:05 +0100 Viktor <viktor at valamo.fi> wrote:
> The new collection contains about 30000 volumes of  books,
> periodicals and
> magazines.

I think this may be the only immediate insoluble problem, as koha 2.0
will not have special serials (periodicals, magazines) feaures.  It is
intended for later.

> Is there something else, what I should to known, when using koha with
> UTF-8?

I suspect MARC import/exporting will not work properly if you select
MARC21.  I do not know UNIMARC well enough to say.  Maybe Paul can
give information on that?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef at jabber.at