[Koha] Data Conversion - Windows-centric, sorry

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Fri Oct 3 19:35:33 NZST 2003

baljkas at mb.sympatico.ca wrote:

>I must apologise and plead guilty to being Windows-centric. I am sorry. In
>my defense, I think that what one comes to find as standard in a workplace
>tends to become what one thinks everyone has access to, too.
>Again, my apologies for not thinking about that incompatibility issue.

What is done is done (free translation from french. Not sure it's "good"
english)
My question is :
* is it free software ? or could it be free software. If yes, you can
expect someone will modify/improve your code to make this happend.
* What tool is used for coding (C, Visual-basic, ...) ?

>I don't know if it's possible, but maybe people can run the MARCEdit
>program on other systems. My younger brother assures me that there is a way
>to run Windows programs on Mac platforms (he does this at home and at
>work), and my best friend has some kind of Windows simulator for his Linux
>system at home.

The answer is : www.winehq.org Wine = Wine Is Not an Emulator. It's
alpha software, but can run many win-softs : Warcraft III, Word, Excel,
IE...
May be a good idea to test your tool (i'm not candidate).

--
Paul POULAIN