[Koha] biblionumber to delete

Stephen Hedges shedges at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Wed Oct 1 08:07:38 NZST 2003

Serge Renaux wrote:

> I try to clean our Koha mysql database after that
> a librarian 'played'
> with the acquisitions module.
> I deleted the bilblionumber in biblio,
> biblioitems, items and marc_biblio .
> I can see my biblionumber still in the database
> after searching with
> catalogue/marc search tool.
>
> Do you know where can i find the biblionumber
> that i have to delete /

Serge, the marc_biblio table is a cross-reference between the original Koha
tables (biblio, biblioitems, items, etc) and the MARC tables
(marc_subfield_table and marc_word).  Records in the original Koha tables have
a biblionumber, while records in the MARC tables have a bibid, and the
marc_biblio table keeps track of which biblionumber links to which bibid.

If you are importing and adding MARC records, your bibid will generally be the
same as your biblionumber.  (Because of the nature of MARC records, you will
almost always have one biblio and one biblioitems record for each MARC record.)
 I suspect what you are seeing with the MARC search tool is not the
biblionumber but the bibid.  Try doing a  SELECT * FROM marc_subfield_table
WHERE bibid = [?whatever the biblionumber was]  and I bet you will see the same
record you are seeing on the MARC search screen.

Stephen Hedges
Nelsonville Public Library