[Koha] Low-end Koha: after the hardware

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Fri Sep 26 09:28:31 NZST 2003

On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 10:16:42PM +1200, Olwen Williams said:

> I've emailed Rich about this.  IO have the routines used for
> Horowhenua.  I say my A/Rev backup just a few days ago.
>
> But I need comments from the gurus about how mauch databse layout has
> changed with Koha 2.0

Hi Olwen

Well a big chunk of the database is the same as when you and I first built
it :)
Issues, accountlines, aqorders, borrowers etc are all the same.
In fact items biblioitems and biblios are still the same too.
What has happened is there are a now a pile of MARC tables as well.

Im not sure if there is a nice way to convert the data in the koha biblio
table to the MARC tables, but thats essentially what we need. (Its what we
need for the script to upgrade from 1.2.3 to 2.0 as well)

Paul will hopefully have an answer for this, if such a script exists, you
could then just populate the koha tables, and run the script to populate the
MARC tables.
This is just for the bibliographic data, all the other data is the same
format.

Hope this helps

Chris
027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz