[Koha] 090 Fields

Stephen Hedges shedges at skemotah.com
Wed Sep 10 02:39:18 NZST 2003

Bigwood, David said:
> The call number in 050 and 090 are for the manifestation of the work not
> the
> individual copy. 852, is for copy information, so that would not be a good
> choice to map the info to. Greg's records should have a field with copy
> info
> including a call number, location within his institution, cost, fund info
> and whatever his institution needs to attach to that copy. That is good
> for
> 852.
>
> 050 and 090 classification information is not copy related.

Would anybody out there like to suggest a MARC tag other than 090 or the
8xx or 9xx tags (too commonly used for holdings information) that would be
"safe" for holding the non-MARC linking information to the Koha database?
(Please remember that Koha should be international, so we need to consider
unimarc format, too.)

--
Stephen Hedges
Skemotah Solutions, USA