[Koha] LCCN, group

Bigwood, David Bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Sat Sep 6 02:07:28 NZST 2003

William,

The MARC documentation is on-line at:
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/ecbdhome.html
Also useful is the Tag of the Month archive at:
http://www.fsc.follett.com/resources/tagofthemonth/index.cfm

TK5105.888. D35 2000 is the Library of Congress Classification number. The
1st part goes into field 050 subfield a, D35 2000 goes in subfield b. If you
use that as your call number it may also go in field 852, which contains
local copy information.

005.7'2 --dc21 is the Dewey Classification number. The 1st part goes in
field 082 subfield a. dc21 specifies which edition is being used and goes in
subfield 2. If you use Dewey for your call numbers it would also go in field
852.

The - is dropped from the LC Control number when it is entered in field 010.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Lunar & Planetary Institute