[Koha] [Fwd: Fw: Much Assistance is Required.]

rachel at katipo.co.nz rachel at katipo.co.nz
Mon Aug 25 17:46:55 NZST 2003

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fw: Much Assistance is Required.
From: "Nicholas Rosasco" <nsr_koha at hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, August 25, 2003 11:12 am
To: <info at koha.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen Litwin
To: nsr_koha at hotmail.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 1:59 AM
Subject: Much Assistance is Required.

To whom it may concern:

I have just finished downloading the Koha ILS. I downloaded Apache and
MySQL (though I have Microsoft Access which is reputedly much better.
So, could I use that in lieu of MySQL?) and they appear to be
functioning under normal parameters (red feather and green light).

My OS is Microsoft Windows 2000 Pro.

I have read and re-read your instructions to set up a database on MySQL.
It says to enter (for example) mysqladmin -uroot -ppassword . It makes
no mention of where to do this, though, and I am not sure if I should be
replacing the -uroot and -ppassword with -ucharles -pmango as in my Root
is charles and the password is mango. I don't even know if I should be
doing that at all, or if I should hit the enter button afterwards.

In short, I am rather confused and require much assistance, indeed.

However, I also realize that you are busy-bodies and that you may or may
not have time to show me how to do this step by step (or, at least
elaborate on the instruction that you gave (which, I must say, appear to
be very good, if only I knew the very basics, which I do not.).).

Before I sent this E-Mail, I had attempted both an IRC dialogue and to
subscribe to your mailing list, but, I received an odd message: Not
called from accepted referrer . Subsequently, I resorted to this.

I indeed look forward to your reply.

Sincerely, a hopeful David Litwin.