[Koha] Suggestions...

Wolfgang Pichler wolfgang.pichler at ivv.tuwien.ac.at
Sat Aug 23 10:32:54 NZST 2003

Nicholas S. Rosasco wrote:

>>From the Chris/Wolfgang exchanges:
>----
>

>>every developer including me dislikes documentation, but this gun
>>shoots backwards. using koha means understanding koha for people who
>>must operate it beyond the gui. this is a hard fact, like it or not.
>>

>Noone disagrees that what you're looking for would be a good thing, but
>until somebody volunteers to do it and actually does it won't happen.
>Another hard fact.  Since you seem to be quite disturbed by this state of
>affairs hoepfully you will be that volunteer.
>----

did not answer since this task should obviously be done by one person
more "familiar" with the project and it's design/codebase.

>I smell a request for both in-code and external documentation here.... If
>someone wants to drop coherent suggestions in my ear as to what would be
>handy to add at least as far as formal manual goes..., I can put 'em in my
>to do list behind the 'correcting-the-ugly spots in the manual for 2.0' and
>'updating the FAQ' items.

to throw data into koha (which is IMHO a first-class task) it would be
handy to know something about how data is held in the beast.
some things can be easily deducted from database tables, other ones not
since they hold status/processing/or other "coded" information
(types,flags,transient data....)

>Nick

i am a honest RTFM candiate.
wolfgang