[Koha] Problems entering a new record in 2.0.0pre2

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Aug 21 12:21:15 NZST 2003

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 10:59:31AM +1100, Ben Hall said:
> Home branch contains the value "MAIN" and Holding branch is null.  I've
> checked another record that was imported rather than entered anew and it has
> both holdingbranch and homebranch set to "MAIN".  Maybe this is my problem.
>
> Well I've just set the holdingbranch to "MAIN" and that has made item count
> equal to 1.  I now have a branch for the record appear as well.  This is
> good.  But it still begs the question, why is the holdingbranch not
> defaulting to the mainbranch value when new records are created?

Yep that sure sounds like a a bug. It should be setting the holdingbranch.
Perhaps youd like to report that at http://bugs.koha.org and one of the
developers will fix it for you.

> Here's some more peculiarities.  When I attempt to modify the Barcode
> record, which I assume corresponds to the items table I get a homebranch
> text box that is blank.  And then when I try and modify the group record
> (which I think corresponds to the biblioitems table) I get the following
> error:
> Can't locate C4/Acquisitions.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /www/servers/koha/modules /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i686-linux
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i686-linux
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
> /www/servers/koha/cgi-bin/updatebibitem.pl line 24.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /www/servers/koha/cgi-bin/updatebibitem.pl line 24.
>
> Crikey, maybe I've got some obsolete scripts floating around.  I wonder if
> this is the root cause of all my problems.

Hmm yeah looks like its trying to use an old module, it should be using
C4::Biblio not C4::Acquisitions.

Can you bug this too please?

Thanks
Chris