[Koha] MARC importing tool?

MJ Ray markj at cloaked.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Aug 16 06:56:55 NZST 2003

Wolfgang Pichler <wolfgang.pichler at ivv.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>>how they cope with current issues while moving to koha?  Just reenter,
>>run the two systems alongside, or something smarter?
> there must be a clear switch, the old system is too stupid to be run in
> parallel.

Is running the old system for returns, fines etc until there are few enough
items out that manual transfer is possible.

Then again, I'm assuming that it's the status parts that are the tricky
bits to transfer.  I've not done it, so I could be wrong.

[...]
> since everyone who will have to migrate data will have to do so
> currently, lacking overall docs ARE a major factor to inhibit using koha.

Yes, but lack of a full release containing all the latest really good work
is a bigger one, IMO.