[Koha] LITA national forum

Christopher Hicks chicks at chicks.net
Sat Aug 16 03:02:35 NZST 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, paul POULAIN wrote:
> ORIGINAL MAIL posted on PERL4LIB mailing list :
> =============
>
> 2003 LITA National Forum
>
> "Putting Technology Into Practice" is the theme for the sixth annual
> Library and Information Technology Association (LITA) National Forum,
> to be held October 2 - 5, 2003 at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside,
> Norfolk, VA.

This is just across the bridge from where I live.  If anyone has questions
about the area I'll be happy to fill you in.  If anybody is planning
on attending and getting together for Koha-thing I'd love to hear about
it.  I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to attend yet, but hopefully I
can nail my schedule down while it's still easy to register.  Do they need
any local help does anybody know?

We're a few blocks from the Jefferson Lab and their visitor page has often
been helpful even if it is more oriented to my side of the water (the
Hampton and Newport News side of things; called simply the peninsula by
locals) than where the conference is.  Norfolk is mushed together with the
cities of Chesapeake, Virginia Beach, and Portsmouth, but Norfolk is
considered the "real city", has the nice airport and so on.  All of those
together are referred to as Southside by locals.  Anyway, jlab's helpful
page is here:

http://www.jlab.org/visitors/

The links to all of the tourist stuff have been very helpful to folks
we've had fly in for meetings.  If you've never been to Colonial
Williamsburg it's definitely worth it and it won't be busy during the time
of the conference.

--
</chris>

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush. It
will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference, and undernourishment.
-Robert Maynard Hutchins, educator (1899-1977)