[Koha] OverDue Charges

Mohamed Amin abo_amin at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 02:22:49 NZST 2003

>On Sun, 6 Jul 2003, Mohamed Amin wrote:
> > When I tried to run it through the command line it gave me this error
> >
> > # Perl fines2.pl
> >
> > Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected non-continuation byte 0x6e,
>immediatly
> > after start byte 0xee ) at
>/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/Date/Manip.pm
> > line 5958.
> >
> > and this error line is repeated
> >
> > I don't know what's wrong
>
>Let me guess, you're using a recent version Red Hat (8 or 9).  We see this
>error a lot and it's known to cause problems now and then, but generally
>it hasn't been meaningful.  Your LANG environment variable is set to make
>everything work as if it was in a UTF-8 universe.  Try doing
>
>	export LANG=US
>	Perl fines2.pl
>
>And see if it acts better.  Since LANG is probably already exported you
>can do this all one line in cron and such:
>
>	LANG=US Perl fines2.pl
>
>--
></chris>

Hi Christopher Hicks
Thanks for your help.
you are right , I'm using RedHat Linux 8.0 ,
I've did what you asked me  ( export LANG=us ) and the result was

#perl fines2.pl
     perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
           LANGUAGE = (unset),
           LC_ALL = (unset),
           LANG = "us"

what sholud I do next ?

thanks for you for chris and for everyone in Koha mailing list

Mohamed Amin