[Koha] ANNOUNCE: Koha perl dependency RPMs for Red Hat 9

Peter Harrison peterha at nothingbutnet.co.nz
Mon Jun 23 08:22:06 NZST 2003

On Monday 23 June 2003 01:22 am, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
> "it would really help a lot of not-so-IT librarians to just install Koha
> without them knowing the hard work."
>
> Correct..  In this manner and other things leading to the one click instal,
> shall any software package gain universal acceptance...

A manager once put me right on this point. Your application might be the best
in the world, but if the install isn't easy, or doesn't work right, the user
will never see how good it is.

This is a problem with open source in general - that installation is far
harder than with commercial applications. Developers know how to build and
deploy, while users are not conversant with the tools - and shouldn't need to
be.

Regards,
Peter