[Koha] gonenoaddress, lost, etc.

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Jun 3 09:26:04 NZST 2003

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 10:55:08AM -0400, Owen Leonard said:
> I'm looking at the borrowers table trying to figure out how some of the
> 'status' columns are used.  These seem to include
>
> gonenoaddress (no current valid address on file)
> debarred (barred from checking anything out)
> lost (card has been lost)
>
> ...But how are these set?  And is there no way to override the block if you
> want to check something out. Our current system presents the information and
> asks if you want to override.  That seems to be the best approach since it
> allows you to complete the patron transaction without doing, well, whatever it
> is you have to do to remove the status.

Hi Owen

In 1.2.x you go to borrowers detail page, then click on modify, and you can
set the flags on the modify screen.

You should be able to do the same in 1.9.3 ..
Though i think perhaps due to the way the template is coded, it depends on
the categories you define borrowers as.

<TMPL_IF name="A">
<form action=/cgi-bin/koha/memberentry.pl method=post>
<input type=hidden name=bornum value="<TMPL_VAR NAME="bornum">">
<INPUT TYPE=submit class="button" value="Modify">
</form>
</TMPL_IF>

This should make the link to the modify page on moremember.pl, this will
need to be fixed, or i think this logic should be pushed back into
moremember.pl and the appropriate link passed to the template.
Or else we have to force ppl to use set categories.

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz