[Koha] Other marcformats - danmarc2

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed May 21 04:28:29 NZST 2003

Árni Loftsson wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I am testing out Koha but I can't test on real data because it only has marc21 and unimarc. Here in denmark we use the danmarc2 marcformat which has some varations to the other 2. For example ISBN is field 021 in danmarc2 and 020 in marc21. If I want koha to understand danmarc2 what would it take. Is there some kind of definitiontable I can go to and edit or do I have to make changes in databasestructure etc.

I'm VERY HAPPY to read this mail :-)
I'm Paul, 2.0 release manager & mail MARC-stuff coder.
If you want to add a danmarc in danish, it's quite an "easy" task. easy
but somewhat long if you have to do it manualy.
* install Koha 1.9.2 WITHOUT MARC data (option 3 iirc)
* go to Administation/parameters , option MARC tag structure.
* enter all your fields/subfields here.
* http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=MarcOperation and
http://www.saas.nsw.edu.au/wiki/index.php?page=MarcDBStructure explains
how it works.

If you want to populate them with some perl script, the only 2 tables
used are marc_tag_structure and marc_subfield_structure.

The most important thing is to understand well (and enter well) are TAB
and old-db field link.
Once you have a working parameters, feel free to dump those 2 tables,
and i'll add them as supported during Koha Install.

Note I consider that

Librarian/Systemadministrator

in your mail means you're confident with computer science, not only a
librarian.

--
Paul POULAIN