[Koha] Re: Koha for a small public school library

Rosalie Blake rosalie at library.org.nz
Mon May 5 10:38:09 NZST 2003

Hello Vikki,

On 4 May 2003, at 15:47, Michael and Vikki Subbert wrote:

> WOW!!!!  What a truly delightful story.
Thank you
I am currently a LS student
> on Guam.  I will be finishing my certification work for a school
> librarian at the end of this semester.  The school that I hope to be
> working in has never been automated.  Would Koha be able to assist me
> in setting this up?

The school size it about 400 students K-5th
> grade.  The collection has about 3000 titles, most on the elderly
> side!  We live in what has become o very poor school district. My
> class work is requesting us to write a RFP.  I am currently looking
> for samples of forms already in existence in order to compile on for
> this library.

Koha has been set up in many small libraries of the size you
indicate. I can't help you personally with setup - my technical skills
are minimal. But I've copied your email to the koha list, and there
may well be someone there who can help. Or go to
http://koha.org/installation/support.html
for a list of organisations who can be hired for help setting up and supporting.
I do recommend that you join the Koha list. There are some
extraordianily helpful people on it!
http://koha.org/mailing/
Cheers
Rosalie
Look forward to hearing from you.  I did enjoy reading