[Koha] Database Accessing

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Apr 30 19:39:03 NZST 2003

Chris Cormack wrote:

>On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:49:29PM +1200, Waylon Robertson said:
>

>>Okay.. with koha 1.2.2 i can do selects using tables... like biblio, borrowers.. i.e virtually using the structure as shown in koha.mysql - the file that creates the inital structure. With koha 1.9.0+, Will i still
>>be able to access the dbase using the exact same select statements? or will it be more difficult to custom build my sql queries?
>>
>Hi Waylon
>
>At this stage yep, the tables such as borrowers, biblio, biblioitems etc
>have not been changed in any significant way.
>There have been new tables added to contain the MARC data. But you could
>ignore them for the most part I think.
>Paul would that be right?

Steve and Mike are right => the MARC data tables contains all the marc
data, but the previous biblio, biblioitems... are still here and managed.
Note it won't be possible to do "simple" selects in MARC tables, due to
the complexity of their organisation.
Note too that this is true only if your MARC parameters tables are
correct (see parameters option in Koha)

--
Paul POULAIN