[Koha] MARC import trouble

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Wed Apr 23 00:26:31 NZST 2003

Stephen Hedges wrote:

>On April 11, Paul Poulain answered a question from Joshua Ferraro about
>importing MARC records in 1.9.x:
>
>>- the script to migrate from a previous ILS is
>>still to be done.
>>

>Do we have any projected date for when this will be completed?  We'd like very
>much to start testing Koha with our data, but we're not eager to re-catalogue
>200,000+ items!  If the MARC import utility is going to be delayed for very
>long, then we'll have to devise some other work-around to get our MARC data
>into 1.9.x.  Has anyone else found a way to move their MARC data into Koha?

It's not planned.
In fact, i think it should be quite easy to do, with the C4/Biblio.pm
library in $koharoot directory.
With NEWnewbiblio and NEWnewitem you can import a MARC::Record in the
active DB.
with the C4/Breeding.pm script you should have sample to read a
MARC::Record file and manage it (C4/Breeding.pm is a new file only in
CVS : check cvs to be sure you've it. It comes from marcimport.pl script
in 1.9.2 release)

>(For instance, how did Dombes Abbey do it?)

They don't migrate, they begin with an ILS !

--
Paul POULAIN