[Koha] Musing on a museum module

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Wed Mar 12 06:38:34 NZDT 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> Mandi! Trevor Jenkins In chel di` si favelave...
> > Perhaps those interested would comment upon these thougts.
>
> I've had in mind a name, related to unesco, so i've found:
> 	http://www.unesco.org/webworld/portal_freesoft/Software/Digital_Library/

Wasn't aware that UNESCO had this type of directory. Thanks for the
pointer.

> ad reminded greenstone.
>
> I think this is not whai you are looking for, but this link could be
> usefoul. I hope. ;)

I know of Greenstone and like it as a digital library system; notably
because the database software underlying it is not relational. Not sure
that Greenstone would be suitable for a library module though. Their
purpose is closer to document management than to inventory. Don't recall
that it had (or needs) loan control but prehaps in a commerical
environment subscription access to content can be added.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!