[Koha] Musing on a museum module

Stephen Hedges shedges at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Wed Mar 12 05:54:38 NZDT 2003

Trevor -

I have a fairly basic question -- what do museums do with the information they
have in the database.  I went to the SPECTRUM website (
http://www.mda.org.uk/spectrum.htm ) and it looks like it's basically
guidelines for describing the objects held by a museum.  (I have no experience
in museum work, so I may be missing something.)  So I'm guessing that for you,
Koha would be a way to store and retrieve information about the objects you've
collected.  Or do you sometimes loan items as well, and need to track them much
as a library tracks book loans?

Stephen Hedges
Director, Nelsonville Public Library
95 W. Washington St., Nels.,OH 45764