[Koha] Due dates

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Sat Feb 15 10:45:27 NZDT 2003

Hi there

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 04:28:21PM -0500, Shea Craig said:
> I realize this is entirely not what Koha was designed for, but I haven't
> found anything else remotely close to solving my problems.  I manage an
> equipment cage at the Art Institute of Philadelphia and use a really
> terrible software package called Athena for all of my circulation
> purposes.  Anyhow, I want to switch to using Koha, but I have some
> questions and or ideas.
>
> One thing that would be really useful would be to have the due
> date/month/year have a preferences setting that could have it
> automatically default to the current date, x number of days in advance,
> etc, depending on what format the item was, etc.  (Athena does have this,
> but it doesn't work the way we need it to...)  It's a real problem to have
> to specify this stuff every time something is checked out.

You'll be pleased to know this is how koha currently works :-)
It uses a table called categoryitem in which the borrowers category code and
the item being borrowed's type, are the keys to the rules for issue.

For example if a borrower of type A (adult) borrower an item of type YF
(young adult fiction) it will see that item is allowed a 21 day issue period
and set the due date to be todays date + 21 days.

So using the categoryitem table you can specify all the rules you need to achieve
the above.

> ALso, and this is very non-library related, we have a rather ridiculous
> checkout periods system in effect.  All equipment checked out before 5 on
> any weekday must be back by 5, after 5 can be checked out overnight or be
> due back by 9:45, etc.  So an hour:min setting for the due dates would be
> great too.

Hmm it doenst currently do this, but it certainly could. Ill have a play
with it over the weekend

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz