[Koha-devel] Re: [Koha] Re: Problems modifying a new record

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Thu Jan 16 09:15:49 NZDT 2003

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 01:04:10PM -0500, Jim Thomas said:
> > The book title has an apostrophe; this looks like Bug 148.
> > Bug 148 is listed as affecting Koha 1.2.3, so 1.2.2 will
> > be affected as well.
>
> That sounds like it then.  Now that I know about it, we can avoid
> apostrophe's in the future, or we can fix the bug (is there a patch?).

1.2.3 will fix this bug when its released, i can work on a patch for 1.2.2
if youd like, but 1.2.3 isnt to far away.

> Is there a way to clean up the mess it made?
>
> Thinking that apostophes are not that uncommon in book titles led me to
> try this:
> select title from biblio where title LIKE "%'%";
>
> Which returned 112 rows.  Do I need to do something to fix them, or will
> a patch address this?

A patch will address it, it will be a simple case of the ' not being escaped
in the sql statement. Ill take a look after work tonight.

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz