[Koha] Accounts and Text-Terminals

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Mon Dec 23 08:09:13 NZDT 2002

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 07:28:52PM -0300, Veronica Lencinas said:
> Hallo,

Hi Veronica

> I have two questions:
> 1. how can I manage user-accounts to charge fees for
> to late returnals. Our library charges a fee per day
> of late returnal.

I got asked this a week or so ago as well. So ill post a url to my answer to
save typing :-)
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2002/001218.html

> 2. We need to use text-terminals for our old
> computers. Will they be supported in the next versions
> of Koha?

Currently the CDK based version of koha still works for issues and returns.
But it is about to be retired since it has been far superseeded by the web
based circulation module.
Id like for us to write a slang or curses or someother terminal based
interface for koha, but that will most likely be once again for the
circulation section (issues and returns)
Your best bet is what Allan suggested and use a text based web browser like
lynx of links.

Hope this helps

Chris
025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz