[Koha] Re: Books in Spanish (fwd)

Bigwood, David Bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Wed Nov 6 11:55:16 NZDT 2002

Pat,

OCLC is not open to the world. It looks like the state of Idaho has
purchased access privileges for all the libraries in the state.

Now if you are meaning restricting searches by languages, that is fairly
simple. In 008 there is a 3 letter code for language. There may also be a
language code in 041 of the MARC record.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Lunar & Planetary Institute
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 14:30:34 -0800
From: Ron Force <rforce at uidaho.edu>
To: LIBIDAHO at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
Subject: Re: Books in Spanish

If you sign up for your free access to OCLC's First Search WorldCat you
could use the advanced search (not hard, just more options than a simple
search), search for your authors while limiting the search to books in the
Spanish language.
You get:

Victoria Holt: 160 records
Agatha Christie: 569 records
Danielle Steel: 222 records

Obviously, multiple editions. Each record has a list of the holding
libraries, giving you a place to fire off an ILL request.

Sign up info at: http://www.lili.org/worldcatdemo.htm

Come'on people--it's the world's largest and greatest bibliographic
database, all provided by your tax $$$. It's useful for ILL and Reference.
You'll be surprised how easy it is to use, and the immense amount of stuff
in there.
Ron Force                 rforce at uidaho.edu
Dean of Library Services  (208) 885-6534
University of Idaho     Moscow 83844-2350