[Koha] Koha Users

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Fri Oct 18 06:06:07 NZDT 2002

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002, Marshall Breeding wrote:

> All,
>
> One again, I appeal to the Koha community to let me know what
> libraries are actually using this system in their libraries.  I maintain
> the lib-web-cats database which among other things, tracks the
> automation systems used in libraries worldwide.  As I write about
> the field of library automation, it is hard to say that Open Source is
> having a growing impact on libraries unless I can document that a
> significant number of libraries are adopting such systems.
>
> So, if your library uses Koha, please either let me know by e-mail,
> or go to:
>
>  http://www.librarytechnology.org/libwebcats
>
> and use the _submit_ link to register the information about your
> library.

I'd just like to second this.  Marshall took some guff at LinuxToday
about how many/how feww libraries he knows of that are running Koha.  If
we can get data into his hands, it will help spread the word that Koha
works.  As more people come to know that, more people will use it.  As
more people use koha more bugs will get found and fixed, more fetures will
get added, and Koha will keep getting better faster.

If you're using Koha at your library, please take a minute or two to let
Marshall know.

thanks,
-pate