[Koha] two questions (dewey and z3950)

Derek Dresser Derek.Dresser at gouldacademy.org
Fri Oct 18 04:04:01 NZDT 2002

Quoting Derek Dresser <Derek.Dresser at gouldacademy.org>:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a couple of questions about my recent Koha install.
>
> 1. z3950 searches are not working for me.  I get the following errors in
my

> /var/log/koha files.  Any ideas?
>
> Event: '?? Connection.pm:138' died and then $Event::DIED died with: Can't
> call method "attributes" without a package or object referenc\
> e at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Event.pm line 88, <KC>
line
> 20.
>
>  at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Net/Z3950/Manager.pm line
220
> Event: '?? Connection.pm:138' died and then $Event::DIED died with: Can't
> call method "attributes" without a package or object referenc\
> e at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/Event.pm line 88, <KC>
line
> 20.

I figured this one out.  Damn firewall!  ;-)
Initially, I thought all the z3950 requests were going out on port 210, but
it turns out it is hitting the library of congress on port 7090

still wondering about the dewey decimal numbers.  A little more data.  I
imported a MARC record from the library of congress and the dewey decimal
number shows up.  I double checked and all my records have the "dewey"
field in the database as they should, but it doesn't show up for the rest
of the books.  are there other fields that are required before the dewey
number will show up?

TIA,
Derek
--