[Koha] Re: bulk import

Derek Dresser Derek.Dresser at gouldacademy.org
Thu Oct 17 13:43:12 NZDT 2002

Quoting David Bucknell <david at members.iteachnet.org>:

> Quoting Derek Dresser <Derek.Dresser at gouldacademy.org>:

> Dear Derek,

> Thanks for sending this info to the list. I'm in the same place you were.
> Is

> this bulkmarkimport.pl run from the command line or via the Web?

David,
I was unsuccessful trying to import our USMARC records (approx 8000) through the web interface.  Maybe someone can comment on whether that is supposed to work like that or not.

I used the bulkimport.pl script from the command line.  There were a couple of hoops I had to jump through to make it work.  Here goes....

When I first tried to run it on the command line, it complained that the modules it was looking for were not found in @INC.  To fix that, I added the following line to the top of the script.

use lib '/usr/local/koha/intranet/modules/';

you'll need to use whatever directory the C4 directory was installed in.  Try
locate /C4/ to find the right directory.

after that, I simply ran it like
./bulkmarcimport MICROLIF.001

MICROLIF.001 is the name of the stuff that I exported from Winnebago in USMARC format.

It took close to a half hour to import all 8000 records.

HTH,
Derek

--
Derek Dresser