[Koha] importing MARC records

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Thu Oct 17 08:08:36 NZDT 2002

Derek Dresser wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am in the process of prototyping Koha for our school.  I have Koha up and
>running and am attempting to import some records from our OLD Winnebago
>card catalog.  Winnebago exports in a MicroLIF format which is supposed to
>be the same as USMARC.  If I attempt to import the records from a file, it
>appears to upload the file, and the set name appears on the import page,
>but when I click on the name to "select a set of MARC records"  I get to a
>page that says "select a record to import from gould_library" but there are
>no records listed.  I pasted a small piece of the MicroLIF/USMARC file
>below.  Should I be able to import this with the MARC import tool?

Hi everybody,

I'm working for the 1.3.x series of koha on a file sended by Derek, and
I get no problems (import without problems). Thus, I confirm that your
file is true USMARC. Maybe Steve has a problem with the decoding of this
record. But MARC::Record package we use in 1.3.x works fine.

I think Steve got the ball here ;-)
--
Paul