[Koha] data conversion/early Winnebago

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Oct 15 03:42:05 NZDT 2002

Harry H. Dresser, Jr. wrote:

>We are using an OLD version of Winnebago software (DOS 7.0). It will export
>data in USMARC format (MicroLIF).  Will this exportation be easily entered
>into the database serving Koha?  Has anyone done Winnebago/Koha conversion?
>Thanks, Dutch Dresser

In the 1.2 version of koha, you can import USMARC, so if you file is
true USMARC, it should work.
In the coming major version, the DB will be full marc, so same answer,
but more complete import.

I'm working on this version at the moment, so if you want to send me a
little sample file (10-50 biblios), you can, and i'll tell you if it
works (in 2-3 days, i'm really working on this today, so it's badly
broken at the moment !)

Don't expect this major version before 2003, january or february.

--
Paul POULAIN, France
Koha release manager for 1.4 version