[Koha] Newbie questions

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Thu Sep 5 11:13:57 NZST 2002

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Marina Salcedo wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> I have a few more questions.
>
> 1)Does anyone have a ER (relational) diagram of the database?

eep!  down that path lies madness ... :)

actually, I don't know of any table diagrams.  Ewan is working on
documenting Koha requirements, so might be a good person to ask.

> 2)Has anyone experienced problems with double entries of items. Two or more
> copies of one book? How is this handled?
>
> 3)After one version of Koha has been installed, how easy or difficult is it
> to migrate to a newer version? (I ask this because I'm interested in the new
> upcoming feature dealing with LC Call Numbers).

we're working hard to build upgrade scripts to make upgrading a painless
as possible.

> We have found a sloopy way
> around this problem by changing the biblioitem table=dewey to a varchar(20)
> and changing the cosmetics of the interfaces so as not to confuse users.
> Then instead of having the dewey number imported, replacing the number
> manually with the LC number. Seems to work so far.
>
> Thanks for any insite you can give.
>
> Marina :)
>

> Marina Salcedo
> FSU-Panama Librarian
> 314-0367 ext. 234
> email: marinasalcedo at hotmail.com

Pat Eyler
Kaitiaki/manager               migrant Linux sys admin
the Koha project               ruby, shell, and perl geek
http://www.koha.org            http://pate.eylerfamily.org