Directory and file permissions, formerly Re: [Koha] Step by Step - ScriptAlias?

William Villanueva koha at purity.com.ph
Sat Aug 31 10:58:23 NZST 2002

Hello Robert,

Giving all permission is a security risk.  Try setting it to just 755 and
see if it will still run.  By default, Koha was installed on my
system with the following permissions (sample for the intranet directory)

drwxrwx---    6 root     apache        126 Aug  6 17:47 intranet

drwxr-x---   11 root     apache       1650 Aug  6 17:47 cgi-bin
drwxr-x---   11 root     apache        269 Aug  6 17:47 htdocs
drwxr-x---    3 root     apache         53 Aug  6 17:47 modules
drwxr-x---    8 root     apache        175 Aug  6 17:47 scripts

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     apache         61 Aug  6 17:47 acquisitions
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     apache         61 Aug  6 17:47 admin
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     apache         61 Aug  6 17:47 catalogue
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     apache       4343 Aug  6 17:47 images
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     apache        676 Aug  6 17:47 includes
-rw-r--r--    1 root     apache       6982 Aug  6 17:47 index.html
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     apache         61 Aug  6 17:47 issues
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     apache         61 Aug  6 17:47 members
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     apache         83 Aug  6 17:47 opac
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     apache         61 Aug  6 17:47 reports

God bless.

William
  mistaKes are ...  - Keys that we can use to unlock the next door of
opportunity.