[Koha] File definitions and Process - Checked by Vexira DEMO versio

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Fri Aug 16 02:16:50 NZST 2002

> To put it in a nutshell:
> The changeover will be no problem if the old data is in a very simple
> format (or in marc-format of course).

Well, that counts us out ;-)  But seriously, MARC data is only a tiny part
of our data--all the item information and circulation records, patron
records, etc. will have to be transferred as well.

> > Also, if you look at the index of all the KOHA files, for example --
> > branchtransfers--what is branchtransfers--what does that mean?
> When a user requests a book, which is held in a different branch than he
> requests it, it has to be transferred to the requesting branch.

I think Lauren was using that as an example, but the explanation helps.  We
may be back with a whole list of questions like that as we sift through the
tables in our existing database to see where items match up with Koha's
database.  If no one else has done it before, then we may end up writing the
Koha database description ourselves as part of our conversion process, and
have you all check it for accuracy.  If anyone has done anything similar in
the past, we'd love to hear about it.

    -- Owen
----
Web Site Developer