[Koha] Installed! ;) Now some question...

Ville Huhtala vhuhtala at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Jul 9 04:04:19 NZST 2002

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 11:41:45 +0200
Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:

> 3) I'm not a librarian, so could be some missed background, but some
> aspect are for me not totally clear. Particulary the
> acquisition/budget/book funds schema.
> Again, i've inserted two test book (one, ``Computer Networks'' of
> Tanenbaum, linus sorry me ;) with only the minimal data.
> Now i wont to edit these, adding some keyword, but i came to ``biblio
> record'' editing (all field empty) and not to these fields.

I'm only guessing but here are some observations:

[system preferences = simple]
After doing an title search you should see at least author and title under biblio record/modify or something is really wrong.

Now you can add subject heading(s ?) or keyword(s ?) to subject -field and then press "Submit Query" (!!!!!). Record is updated directly or trough subject authority screen.

Dewey number can be added under barcode-link & group/ modify ("Class"). [Dewey search option is missing from OPAC.]

Adding LCCN ?

Acquisitions-link takes you to Acquisitions (System preferences = normal) (?). It is not usable if system preferences = simple (?).

Waiting for updated manual...

Ville Huhtala