[Koha] Some question: postgres, italian, ...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Mon Jul 8 21:09:47 NZST 2002

Mandi! paul POULAIN
  In chel di` si favelave...

> REPLACE is a non standard SQL instruction, but very nice : if the
> primary key exists, it does a "update". If not, it does an "insert". if
> not primary key in the table... it does not work ;-) (but who does
> tables without pk ???)

Oh. I've used MySQL some year ago, but i don't remember this. I've
really no comment to do... ;-)))

> >dpkg -i mysql-server started installing mysql on my woody server...
> Best idea for instance, i think. If it does not give you a heart-break ;-)))

No, no, apart the joke i simply prefer postgres, i've nothing against
MySQL. There's simply no way to compare this two DB engine... O;-)))

> >It is not a patch nor a little work... doable for 1.4.X release?! ;)
> Bad news : i think there are a LOT of more important things to do before
> spending time on this problem (i say this from a librarian point of vue

Ok. In fact really a problem for now is localization, for me a real
problem...

> Note : i think this discussion should be followed in
> koha-devel at lists.sourceforge.net... (if you're heavily interested, we
> have a koha-cvs too)

In this moment, no. I can contribute back an italian translation (if
you say me how work translation in 1.4.X), but i've no time to spend in
real hacking now: but if my organization adopt koha as i hope...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

            Supporta il disegno di legge sul software libero!
          http://www.softwarelibero.it/news/news020417_01.shtml