[Koha] Some question: postgres, italian, ...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Mon Jul 1 21:01:30 NZST 2002

Mandi! paul POULAIN
  In chel di` si favelave...

> In the 1.2 versions, translation is quite hard, CPU-eater to build. We
> plan to use a templating system in a future version, to enable themes,
> and translations.

For now, i've to install... ;)))

> The problem is mySQL does'nt support referential integrity.  Maybe in
> mySQL v4 it will be better.
> I don't know if so has rewritten the schema in standard SQL.

But MySQL have a loose SQL parse, so accept FOREIGN KEY keyword, simply
does nothing. ;)

> MARC is THE standard in libraries. The "problem" is that there are
> numerous MARC details... In france (and in Europe I think, so in italy,
> it should be the same), we use UNIMARC standard (UNIfied MARC). Don't
> know any url in italian. I've only url in french ;-)

I've found (in english) the links:

	http://www.ifla.org/VI/3/p1996-1/unimarc.htm
	http://www.ifla.org/VI/3/p1996-1/sec-uni.htm

as you can see, UNIMARC is a superset of various *MARC standard, so i
hope it will be taken into account for next release.

Thanks to all. ;)

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

            Supporta il disegno di legge sul software libero!
          http://www.softwarelibero.it/news/news020417_01.shtml