[Koha] Re: translations of Koha

Pat Eyler pate at eylerfamily.org
Sun Jun 23 03:45:22 NZST 2002

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:

> How is the translation process being done? Is there one central message file?
>  It would be ackward to have many versions  in many languages having to  be
> kept up to date.. if the text messages are not in  just a central  message
> file now might be the time  to think about  doing it thus.

There are four parts required for translations the way we're going to end
up doing them.

1) the text generated by the scripts.  This should you gettext and .po
files (similar to what you mentioned above).

2) the text in the html templates.  This will be different for each
template, and will need to be kept up to date seperately.

3) the text within images.  This will also need to be separately
maintained.

4) the text within the DB.  This will be maintained by the library itself,
so we don't really need to worry about it.

thanks,
-pate